I believe that parenting can be a truly radical act. The way in which we raise our children can have a profound positive impact on our families, our communities, and our world. At its heart, peaceful parenting is a social justice issue.
It’s not just about social change though; peaceful parenting is better for our children. Research has shown time and again that children who are free from praise, punishments and rewards have greater motivation, embrace more challenges, and enjoy the lasting positive effects of a growth mindset. That the less we try and control our children’s behaviour, the less they act in ways which are seen as problematic. That when we prioritise connection and collaboration, the whole family flourishes.
But the truth is, no matter how many books you read or courses you take, I don’t believe that you can just “become” a peaceful parent. It is an active journey of inner work, something that needs to be worked on day after day, month after month, year after year, as our parenting adapts and grows alongside our children. It’s about fundamentally changing our mindset as parents, challenging the way we were raised and the traditional models of parentings which surround us and working on ourselves to be able to show up in the way our children deserve, as we model being authentic and empathetic humans.
That is why I created The Peaceful Home, a membership group for peaceful parents, wherever they are on their parenting journey.
Each month members have access to:
- Weekly video workshops on a different monthly topic related to peaceful parenting (also available as audio recordings)
- A PDF workbook to accompany each monthly topic filled with information, practical ideas, questions for you to work through alone or with a partner, and journalling and reflection prompts
- A curated ‘reading’ list of blogs, books, research, and articles
- A live monthly Q&A video
- Bonus interviews and content
- A whole lot of support and guidance from me and other like-minded parents to work through any bumps that come up in your journey
The Peaceful Home is a vibrant community full of kindhearted people trying to show up as the best humans they can be. There is no judgement or competition, just like-minded parents ready to walk alongside you in your peaceful parenting journey. It’s a pretty special corner of the internet, even if I do say so myself. You can read what some of the current members have to say about the group here.
Upcoming topics include:
- March – Supporting your children with their social interactions (including siblings, other children, and other adults)
- April – Raising socially aware children
- May – Parenting with consent (including care tasks, food, and sleep)
- June – Playful parenting
- July – Simplifying for peaceful parenting
You will also have access to the content from past topics including calm communication, parenting without punishments and rewards, and setting empathetic limits.
The group is designed to complement the rest of my courses, so the content will always be fresh and new without repeating what we’ve covered in other spaces.
You can find out more about The Peaceful Home and join here (booking is open until March 2nd or until we are full, as spaces are limited this time round to keep the group feeling intimate).
I am so looking forward to walking this journey alongside you.