Our birth experiences can have a profound impact on us as women and as mothers.
As a hypnobirthing teacher, trained doula, and experienced birth coach, I believe that a positive birth is within every woman’s reach (note I said a positive birth – not necessarily a natural one!) A birth which will leave you feeling proud, in control, and deeply connected to your baby and your body. I can offer something to every woman, regardless of their medical history or the path their pregnancy and birth takes.
I offer private antenatal classes in your London home, or via video for the rest of the world. Our time together will leave you feeling completely confident and fully prepared for your baby’s birth, and your first few weeks and months as a parent.
My classes cover everything you would learn in a traditional antenatal class, as well as teaching you simple and effective Hypnobirthing techniques which will prepare you for birth.
- What happens to your body during birth – and how you might feel;
- Preparing your body for birth;
- Deep relaxation techniques so you are able to let go of fear and trust your body;
- Breathing exercises designed to help you birth your baby calmly and comfortably;
- How your birth partner can best support you during each stage of labour and in the post natal period;
- Birth preferences and how to communicate with your care givers;
- What you can expect from a hospital birth, a midwife-led birth centre and a home birth; and
- Caring for your baby once they are in your arms and an outline of what takes place during the fourth trimester.
Our classes will cover different birth scenarios including induction of labour and caesarean section so that you feel confident and prepared, whatever path your birth takes.
All classes include an accompanying guide, as well as phone and email support lasting until after the birth.
Can I read about how other parents have found your classes?
Of course! You can read their feedback here.
At what stage of pregnancy should we take your classes?
I recommend that you book your classes any time from 20 weeks – the earlier you start, the longer you will have to practice the techniques I will teach you. However it is never too late to do a Hypnobirthing course – if you are late on in your pregnancy please get in touch as I can offer you intensive coaching over a short space of time.
How much do you charge and how do I book?
- Private classes in London – £550 I offer private coaching in your London home at a time which is convenient for you. We will cover a range of bespoke content, tailored to your individual needs and situation. The price includes a telephone birth debriefing session, which can be hugely beneficial for both you and your birth partner.
- Private classes via video – £490 As above but over video.
- Refresher course in London – £210 A refresher course for parents who have used Hypnobirthing in a previous birth, held in your London home.
- Refresher course via video – £180
To find out more or to book please contact me directly eloiserickman[at]gmail[dot]com