I’m Eloise, a homeschooling mum, writer, parent educator & birth coach.I live in a house full of books in South London with my husband Sam, our daughter Frida, and our cat Albie.
Since giving birth to Frida in 2015, I have become passionate about peaceful parenting, creating meaningful family rhythms, and incorporating a Montessori philosophy into our home.
My wish for Frida is that she have a slow, gentle, beautiful childhood, filled with stories, long walks in green spaces, mud, poetry, and copious time for free play.
I believe that parenting can be a truly radical act, and that the way in which we raise our children can have a profound positive impact on our communities, our societies, and our world.
As well as regularly sharing activity ideas and book recommendations, I write about:
- peaceful parenting and gentle discipline;
- creating family rhythms which work for everyone;
- simplifying and slowing down our family homes, schedules, and lives;
- home educating, and our journey of home ed’ing a young child; and
- Montessori and other alternative education philosophies, including Walorf and Charlotte Mason.
I don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to raising children. I love helping parents find more ease and joy in their parenting, through gaining clarity around child development and corresponding parental expectations, exploring their values and priorities, and supporting them as they shape their family lives and rhythms around them.
I believe that when you thrive, your children thrive.
I hope you enjoy my blog,
- The honesty and ethical integrity of this blog is very important to me.
- I occasionally mention or post links to products that we have been gifted or sent for review; when this is the case I always make it very clear. I only accept items for review that I think will appeal to you, my readers, and I do not accept everything I am offered.
- I sometimes post affiliate links when recommending books and products that Frida and I genuinely love; this is a win-win for for you and for me! These kinds of links cost you nothing, but I get a small percentage of the cost if you decide to buy the item I link to. I do not earn a lot from affiliate links, and what I get helps me to keep creating free content on this blog.
- If you have any questions about the above please don’t hesitate to get in touch.